Most banks do not provide construction loans to individuals building
their own homes. At Owner Builder Loans LLC, this is the only thing we do.
Our loans are structured to be the way you’d want them to be…
Now Servicing: Arizona, Colorado, Michigan, Texas and Virginia
Loan FeaturesBuild your house - your way! This is the easiest and most flexible construction loan available for a self-built home!
- No application fee and no credit report fee. This means you can find out if you qualify, and if you do, what the conditions and terms will be without incurring any charges.
- Our construction loans are for 12 months with no pre-payment penalty. Extensions are available. Upon completion you will refinance through your preferred mortgage lender.
- Unlimited draws are provided with no draw fees, or inspection fees.
- Construction draws can be ordered up front prior to completion of work. They are then mailed to you to deposit into your checking account, usually within one business day. From there you will pay your suppliers and sub-contractors.
- It’s ok if construction has already started.
- Loan amounts up to $400,000. Larger amounts will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Our minimum credit score is 725.
- Our maximum debt-to-income ratio is 38%.
- The construction loan amount cannot exceed 65% of your home’s future appraised value.
- The minimum down payment is 35%. For example, if you want to borrow $100,000, you will need to have a minimum of $35,000 of equity in the land. Equity includes current land value plus any out of pocket money you have paid or intend to pay towards construction.
If you fall a little short in qualifying, please share with us all your details to see if we can make it easier for you to qualify. Sometimes, a cosigner can make all the difference. After the construction loan, the co-signer is released.
“My in-law’s rent was going up and up and my wife and I couldn’t find affordable housing for them. I’ve been a builder my whole life and we had some money set aside, so building a small house for them seemed like a great plan. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a bank willing to finance it. They all seemed to want me to finance 90% of the project before taking their cut. Owner Builder Loans was not only willing to finance a much larger portion of the project than anyone else, they were happy to offer advice on how to make…”Read More Owner Builder, T.W.
“Working with Miles and Owner Builder Loans was a very positive experience for us when building our home. They truly know the meaning of “customer service” and were always attentive to our questions or concerns. I would highly recommend them to anyone wishing to build their own home.”Read More Owner Builders, Tom and Nancy
“I started out building the first house for myself, but before it was even completed I had people offering to buy it. Being a single guy, how could I pass that up? I finished one house last November and am just starting on another one. The folks at Owner Builder Loans have been nothing but good to me. They are happy to go out of their way to help.”Read More Owner Builder, S.H.
“It’s just good business. The home construction loans from Owner Builder Loans gave us the financing flexibility we needed. There\u2019s been a lot to learn, but with help from our family and friends plus a great working relationship with the staff at Owner Builder Loans, we should be able to move into our new home by Christmas.”Read More Owner Builders, S.L and J.L.
How would you like to pre-qualify?
Simply submit our Construction Project Summary
and we will contact you at your convenience.